Re: Is diff constant dependent on diff sun & planet gears?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shane on May 03, 2021 at 18:24:38:

In Reply to: Re: Is diff constant dependent on diff sun & planet gears? posted by michael on May 01, 2021 at 02:14:08:

G'day Michael,
Its possible I'm the guy that bought a Qualos model 0 from you some time ago. If so, were talking about the same machine. Its only for hobby use. This model 0 I have does not have a diff, but looking at it there's only enough space for a spur gear diff anyway, From the centreline of table drive shaft to the inside of the cast iron housing is about 27mm radius, bevel gear diff inside a housing would be too large.
If I forego the diff idea I'm thinking about making it a semi CNC type, with encoder on the index shaft, through to a PLC that does a simple divide by x function, then drives a stepper on the work table shaft at the correct ratio.This will work well for all number teeth gears including primes. I could also use the PLC for another divide by x function to use a stepper driven feed screw. I'll have to do some head scratching to work out index ratio and feed ratios to cut helicals though.

I could answer my own question here as I believe the internal diff gears shouldn't make any difference to the diff constant. But I just wanted to put the question out there anyway.
The diff constant however should be partly dependent on the diff crown and pinion ratio, or in my case it will be diff worm and worm gear ratio, in conjunction with the machines internal fixed gear train.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Meshing with Gears Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]